Discovery chemists: Utilize rapid batch processing with extremely easy to use equipment to expand your search and identify new candidates faster.
Process chemists & engineers: Optimize processes faster at gram scale. Then immediately produce kilograms to tons without reformulation. Transition to continuous flow seamlessly.
Plant managers: Simplify plant operation and supply chain management. Implement QbD. Avoid the fundamental constraints limiting conventionally heated continuous flow reactors.
Business managers: Cut OPEX and CAPEX in half. Increase revenues. Reduce risks.
All using UpScale’s suite of microwave reactors! Yes, we not only provide the first seamless scale-up route for microwave processes but also provide the only means for immediate scale-up of processes requiring heat generally. Click here to download a white paper describing four case studies.
UpScale’s technology is Transformational and Adds Substantial Value at all stages of the production process:
- Gain 1st mover advantage through expedited experiment staging (up to 1000x faster reactions) and production scale-up (a few weeks to scale from grams to multi-tons per day).
Boost Number of Viable Projects
- Enables quick win / fast fail paradigm.
- Minimize lost opportunity costs with substantially reduced times for product success/fail evaluation.
- Expand product development pipeline with smaller upfront development costs.
Extend marketable patent life
- Rapid process optimization and immediate seamless process development can bring key products by accelerating R&D.
- Value depends on the product; $1MM per day for moderately successful drug.
Improve Project IRR
Reduce variable cost structure
- Lower material and waste treatment costs through higher yields, cleaner outcomes and greener protocols.
- Reduce raw and finished inventory carry.
- A 10’s kg batch production of API intermediate produced at 20% of the lowest comparable quote from China.
- Better supply chain management with just-in-time production flexibility.
- Lower risk of product non-conformance through low reaction volume, rapid, continuous processing.
Enhance quality control
- Reduce uncertainty of process outcome.
- Steady state continuous flow processing is simpler to monitor and optimize.
- Better QA/QC as continuous process is scaled up, not scaled out in a massively parallel system of “micro-reactors.”
Seamless process development
- Reduce costs through elimination of iterative process development steps.
Decrease fixed costs
- Estimated up to 90% reduction in operating expenses c due to reduced unit operations in continuous mode vs. batch.
- Minimize Capex with equipment carrying a lower total cost of ownership; estimated up to 76% reduction in CAPEX through from batch conversion to continuous flow.
- Improved volume-time (VTO) productivity through rapid processing.
Click here for elaboration of UpScale’s value proposition.